Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quickdate (Galaxy Generation and Planet Count)

Hey All,

I know you haven't heard from me in a while. Still here. Anyways, the little amount of work I got done on FOTP during these last couple of months involved galaxy generation (creating a galaxy's worth of random generating planets) and saving these to files.

So.....

The results from the numerous tests I've run basically say this;
1. Galaxies can contain up to 1 million planetary entries before lagging.
2. A 10,000 planet galaxy (using all the numerous fields I have now for generation) takes around 10 seconds to generate.
3. Any given solar system takes under a second to load up and display, no lag.
4. Each solar system takes up around 250kbs (I save them to text files for further loading).

So yeah, kind of ridiculous. Either way, the galaxy is going to be a LOT more populated.

No comments:

Post a Comment